I feel like we've been busy, and all at the same time, kinda bored. Lame combo, right? Here's what we did this week:
Monday: I couldn't go to the gym because Carson had to be at his first kids golf clinic in the morning. He was so excited. The night before we gave him an early birthday present- a golf bag! I also took the little boys to the park while Carson was at his golf clinic, and then I spent the rest of the day doing laundry.
Tuesday: I dropped Carson off again at the golf clinic and the boys and I headed to the park again. Dustin and I spent the evening at the church getting our temple recommends renewed (FINALLY!) Other than that, I really recall nothing else of interest or importance.Wednesday: I was able to go to the gym because Dustin agreed to take Carson to his last day at the golf clinic. (I am still sore from this, and that is why I don't like to skip my gym days!) The boys and I also went to Hobby Lobby to get a couple of things we needed for Carson's birthday cake. That evening I went to our youth activity and tried to get teenagers to eat the 6 dozen hot dogs that Dustin and I had grilled for the event. I was also very thankful that we had cold water, shade and YM leaders who wanted to play kickball so that the YW leaders didn't have to. :)
Thursday: The boys and I did our early morning grocery store run and then we picked up Carson's best friend, Lusia, so that we could go to the Kyle Jumpy Place to play for the morning. Carson, Lusia, and Jensen had a great time, mostly playing hide and seek in all the bounce houses, but Mason spent most of his time telling me how scary he thought the jumpy things were. That evening Dustin took Carson and Jensen golfing and Mason and I spent a quiet evening together. Which was good, because my dinner did not agree with my stomach that night.
Friday: Carson and Jensen had dentist appointments in the morning, so I missed going to the gym yet again this week. (Next week is going to be rough!) Teeth all looked great, much to my relief. The boys played outside most of the morning, despite the fact that it was probably 90 degrees outside, but they didn't seem to mind. We got about a minute long rain storm at our house in the afternoon, so I let them play in it. They were disappointed that it didn't last long and they hurried inside when the thunder got a little too loud. I do get to go to a baby shower tonight, for which I am thankful, because I can always use some time out of the house with friends!
Looking forward to Saturday: Dustin has a fishing tournament tomorrow, so that will mean a day of the boys and I hanging out doing nothing. I do have to practice a song with a couple of kids who will be singing in church next month, but other than that, I think we're going to be a little B-O-R-E-D.




1 comment:
That's so fun that he got to do a golf clinic. He's getting so big!
I have never understood how kids don't mind the heat. My kids have played outside all summer in 100 degree weather. It's crazy!
Post a Comment