Yes!!!!!! I'm so excited that this kid is back in school. This might have been one of the longest summers ever. (Well, at least a close second to the summer I was pregnant with Mason.)
Carson does so well when he's in school. He likes having all that structure in his day. He loves having people to do things with and new things to learn. I'm sure it's also nice to not have limitations set on what he can or can't do due to younger siblings tagging along as well.


I felt so much peace after I got home from the gym this morning. I couldn't explain it at first, but then I realized how nice it was to not have to constantly find something to entertain Carson. Carson is smart, but he really needs a lot of guidance. I can give Jensen a stick and a bandana and he will be out of my hair for hours just playing by himself. Carson…not so much. Plus Mason and Jensen play really well together. Not a lot of fighting going on between those two. (At least at this age. :) )
Carson wanted Dustin to take him to school today, so that's what we did. My friend Steph took these pictures of Carson getting settled in his class this morning. And even though I'm sure I'll enjoy my quiet and relaxed day, I'm excited to go and pick him up this afternoon and hear all about the First Grade!



2 comments:
I can't believe he's in first grade! Ash is a lot like that too; I really think school will be so good for her and she'll love it (if her teacher can get her to stop crying about how much she misses me).
1st grade is such a jump! But a fun one. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I am always amazed at how quiet the house seems on the first day of school.
Post a Comment