So I never posted about Carson's actual birthday party, because, well, I was tired, and I figured I'd just post Mason and Carson's birthday's together. So here are Carson's pictures first. He had his birthday at the Jumpy Place, which is a place that has a bunch of giant inflatable bounce houses. This is the second birthday party that we've thrown at such a place, and I love it. The kids get to run around and play, and I don't have to do anything but watch them and feed them. :)
Carson seriously lucked out on all his presents this year. His friends were so thoughtful and got things that he has really enjoyed!
Even though I dedicated a whole post just to Carson's dragon cake, I couldn't resist putting this picture up of him taking a bite out of the wing. What a nut!
For his party favors I wanted to do something nice and fun, so Carson and I found the most adorable book about a dragon and we ordered them online a week and a half before his party. They came to Dustin's office the morning of his party, and Dad, being the hero, drove them to the party so that we could actually give them away as his favors! Carson also had fun picking out a candy bar (KitKats) and wrapping them with a note that said thank you. (Just so you know, my kids have asked me to read this book to them at least once a day since then. It has become a fast favorite at our house.)
Now for Mason's birthday. We decided it was high time for Mason to get out of his crib. Having to lift him in and out of that thing was seriously giving me back problems. We didn't take the other boys out of the crib until they were a little bit older, but Mason is so much bigger than they both were at the age of 2. So, we went and got a toddler bed for him. HE LOVES IT! And since sleeping in his new bed, he has been sleeping in in the morning and taking rock star naps. Dustin is convinced it's the new mattress. He might be on to something.
Ever since our Disney Cruise this spring, Mason has had a love for Mickey Mouse. We bought him a small stuffed Mickey Mouse to take his 2 year portraits with so I also thought it would be fun to make him a Mickey Mouse cake. We talked it up the week before his birthday so he was super excited to wake up from his nap to find it made. (He doesn't look that excited in this picture. He just wanted to eat it. And I just wanted Dustin to take the picture, because I was holding the 30 lb. monster in one arm and balancing the cake with the other.)
Here he is attempting to blow out his candles. Dustin accidentally blew them out right after I took the picture.
It was as good as he thought it would be. :) Now he's 2!!!
Then we just had a simple party with Grandma Brudnicki (the cake and opening his 2 presents). We were also able to Skype with Grandma and Grandpa Jensen so they could watch him open their present. My mom made him an adorable ABC book. I love the look on his face in this picture.
Grandma and Grandpa Brudnicki gave him a Winnie the Pooh book (who he also loves) that has a recording of Grandma Brudnicki reading it. He was fascinated by the fact that this book played music and read itself.
Festivities for Mason's birthday were held to a minimum because we had to head off to Back to School Night. Carson met his new teacher, Mrs. Snead. She seemed super great, and Carson was excited to see kids that he knew in his class. I can't believe he's in 1st grade!!!!


2 comments:
Happy birthday Carson and Mason! Mason weighs a pound more than Cohen (probably because Cohen never eats real food). That's such a good idea to give a book for a party favor (and I'm sure my kids would LOVE that book; I'll have to put it on my list for Christmas for them).
Steph, Mason actually weighs 33 lbs, as of his doc appointment today. :) And I have your name for Christmas this year… definitely know what to get you guys!!!
Post a Comment