Every year, our stake celebrates "Pioneer Day" out at a fantastic venue owned by members of our church. There is always a dinner, fun snack foods, activities, music and usually fireworks. (If you want to learn a little more about pioneers, check out this beautiful video on the lds.org website.)
This year, it was just me and the little boys, as Dustin and Carson were away in Utah (where they really know how to celebrate the 24th of July!) But I think they may have missed out on our best Pioneer Day yet. They always have fun stuff for kids, like bounce houses and face painting.
This year they added lots of fun kids crafts and pioneer style games (like milking cows and hunting for eggs) but the boys favorite addition just may have been the petting zoo. They loved those cute little farm animals! Bunnies, baby goats, ducks, geese, and even an adorable little pig!
I feel a little bad that I didn't let them inside the gate to play with them, like some of the other parents did, but I think they were pretty happy petting them through the gate. My kids are a little wary of animals coming into their personal space anyway!
We even stayed late for the firework show. What are fireworks without glowsticks and friends? We did not end up staying for the whole show, because Mason was pretty tired. He also was not enjoying the very close pyrotechnics. So, because he was tired and a little scared, he insisted on snuggling in my lap. Normally that's fine, but it happened to be 95 degrees, and super humid, so there was only so much both of us could take.
And just for fun, here are a few pictures that my mother-in-law sent me of my big boy Carson. He has been enjoying his time with his Uncle Jason (playing Monopoly on the iPad).
They also went out to the Dinosaur Museum in Vernal. I went to this museum when I was a kid, and Dustin and I even went there when we were dating. They have really fancied it up since even the last time I went.
He has also been golfing and playing on Dustin's grandparents farm. So far, he has had an awesome trip.





2 comments:
So fun! We need to take Ash to Vernal; she would love it.
Steph, you totally should! She IS having a birthday pretty soon… :)
Post a Comment