We haven't been involved with too much lately, but in an effort to keep the ol' blog updated, I decided to catch you all up on some of our latest happenings around here. As mentioned here, Carson got his first chapter book to read, and he's really gotten in to it. He's had several days where he has blasted through several chapters in one sitting. It has also helped him start to read to himself in his own head. (Ahhh, the silence. :))
Jensen and I went on a fun little date this morning. We went to the Alamo Drafthouse to see "How to Train Your Dragon" as a part of their free Kids Club showings. It's a movie theater where they have a waited staff to serve you all kinds of food during your show. We had never been, and while it was sometimes challenging to eat our food in the dark, we had a delightful time, just me and my "J" boy.
Have I mentioned lately how much we love this little guy? He is getting so big (haha, like he's EVER been "small" but seriously, he really has gotten so big!) and he has such a fun little personality. I love to hear him sing songs (he has surprisingly good pitch for a baby) and talk with his brothers. The other day, I offered to get him a snack and he slid off my lap, walked over to Jensen, and asked him in the most sincere voice, "Jen-se, wa a snack?" Made my heart melt to see him mimic in such a sweet and caring way. Big boy, big heart.


No comments:
Post a Comment