Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer=Lazy

We've been enjoying plenty of laziness around here now that we don't have to dash off to school 5 days a week, and Mother's Day Out 2 days a week. I'm still heading to the gym every M,W,F but even then, I feel like I have all the time in the world to get there. I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty nice.

Of course, summer time has it's challenges. Like what to do with a boy who has been in school for nearly 10 months and has no idea how to entertain himself. We've gone to the pool (fun, but exhausting), we've played in the yard (for a little while in the morning when it's 85 degrees and before it hits a bazillion and a half), we've watched movies (in the afternoon when it has reached that bazillion and a half degrees outside), and we've done lots of cleaning. Yes, cleaning. I decided to make the boys earn their "screen" time (iPad, computer, TV) by cleaning for me. My windows look a little streaky, but the major fingerprints are gone. :) And the living room has remained very tidy.

I have also been stocking up on craft projects for the boys to do. These are slightly more challenging for me, only because Mason cannot participate in them yet, but I still have to have some sort of supervision on the boys so my table doesn't get completely destroyed. We're still figuring out how to work around that problem, but a box of Legos seems to help.
 We also went to check out our city's new library. The facility looks fantastic, but it's pretty empty. It's almost comical how few books they have in the large new space.
Carson was pretty excited about the books he found to read. The other boys were pretty excited that they had this fun area to play in with a gigantic frog to attack. (Yeah, their behavior was not up to library standards, so we didn't stay long.)
 The boys did get a chance to sign up for their summer reading program while we were there, so I hope more of our summer laziness can be spent in reading and not watching TV or playing Fruit Ninja.

No comments: