Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day

We've had a rather nice labor day. I know there are many of those in our surrounding area who have not had a great day. Wildfires were bound to start popping up after the incredibly hot, incredibly dry summer that we've had.

I wanted to do something to actually celebrate Labor Day, so I thought it would be fun for us to take some goodies to people who were actually laboring on the working man's holiday. The boys and I chose the fire department. Seemed fitting, since they were working especially hard this Labor Day. I made the treats, and Carson colored a picture, which we also wrote a note of gratitude on. Then the older boys and I went in to make our delivery. They had quite a few people on hand today, due to the fires, and they were happy to see us. We got a little tour and the boys loved climbing into the fire engine and ambulance. They even got stickers and fun erasers from the firefighters.

Then we went to Gatti Town (which is a family pizza place with games/arcade stuff) for lunch with Grandma Brudnicki. We wanted to do something fun on Carson's first school holiday, since Dustin was out doing this today. Actually, he'll be doing this for the rest of the week. We had a great time. (Better than sitting on a boat catching fish…:)) Mason was too little to play, but he really enjoyed playing with the stuffed animals that his brothers kept winning!Jensen also enjoyed the stuffed animals.Carson always loves playing this game.Usually the boys play air hockey with Dustin, but they had a great time playing against each other. So, to all who work hard, in communities and homes, happy Labor Day!

No comments: