Saturday, July 17, 2010

Watch Out for Scary Pictures

So my wonderful ward friends held a Girl's Night Out last night in honor of my upcoming arrival. We had a lot of fun eating, talking, laughing, and talking some more.(HOLY SMOKES! This is why so many pregnant women shy away in pictures- hello huge belly!)

Now this is much better. I look so much cuter when 75% of me is concealed! I seriously need nothing for boy #3, but that didn't stop everyone from spoiling me anyway.Thank you so much ladies! Everything was great!

Pretty much the first thing people say to me when they see me now is "How are you feeling/doing?" My reply is, "Hot & uncomfortable, but other than that, alright!" While that is true, let's just be honest, no one really wants to know HOW hot & uncomfortable I am, so I leave out examples like exhibit A:
I am so grossed out by my own feet! (But here it is, for posterity's sake.) Today they are actually quite painful due to the fact that my feet just don't have enough skin to hold all that extra water! I'm hoping that I can get the swelling to go down over the next few days. Otherwise it's going to get scary until the baby actually shows up!

Lastly, here is my crazy Carson. I cannot believe he's turning 5 in a month. Crazy.

7 comments:

SD and EJ said...

Your poor feet! Luckily, mine have never gotten that bad. You may be huge, but you look good!

Laura Hennessee said...

Those feet are seriously amazing!

The Mrs. and The Momma said...

I hope you really did have a good time. We all sure did! :) Try to stay off those feet...at least your toes look pretty! Hang in there~not long to go.

LaNan said...

Sweet Maren, your feet are awful! I can say that because mine were so bad with the last one. Some of the YM in the ward were asking their moms what was wrong with my feet. Flip-flops would cut off my circulation! I hope you can stay off those things girl. Hang in there. And yes you are cute-- belly (and feet) and all!

Jenn said...

You look so cute! I love the belly! WOW! I cant believe Carson is growing up sooo fast! We are thinking about coming to see you in September!!! I will keep you posted.

Niki said...

Your poor feet! I'm glad you're getting close to the time--pregnancy is fun and all, but it's so much better once they are here. Stay comfortable!

Unknown said...

Maren, My feet look exactly the same. This is the first pregnancy that my feet have swollen up. It stinks for sure but at least we could be twiners!!