We started last Thursday, and Jensen had it down by closing time on Friday. He's been doing great all week. I thought Carson was easy to potty train (and he was). But Jensen is a lot more independent. He's gone in and taken care of business all by himself on a number of occasions this week. I'm really thankful to have been blessed with such great kids. It's things like this that remind me of the fact that children come to you as they are. You can nurture them into their best selves, but you can't change them. I'm hoping my lucky streak continues with this next little guy!
Friday, July 9, 2010
2 for 2!
Now, normally, I don't allow this kind of immodesty in our home. My kids aren't allowed to run around half dressed. There is one exception. The potty training exception. And this kid is getting it.
We started last Thursday, and Jensen had it down by closing time on Friday. He's been doing great all week. I thought Carson was easy to potty train (and he was). But Jensen is a lot more independent. He's gone in and taken care of business all by himself on a number of occasions this week. I'm really thankful to have been blessed with such great kids. It's things like this that remind me of the fact that children come to you as they are. You can nurture them into their best selves, but you can't change them. I'm hoping my lucky streak continues with this next little guy!
We started last Thursday, and Jensen had it down by closing time on Friday. He's been doing great all week. I thought Carson was easy to potty train (and he was). But Jensen is a lot more independent. He's gone in and taken care of business all by himself on a number of occasions this week. I'm really thankful to have been blessed with such great kids. It's things like this that remind me of the fact that children come to you as they are. You can nurture them into their best selves, but you can't change them. I'm hoping my lucky streak continues with this next little guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Maren. It's been a while since I saw you at the airport in Salt Lake City. I couldn't find the paper you gave me with your blog address on it, but I found Kim and Gerron's and saw you there. I can't believe you have TWO boys and they look so grown up! I remember Carson being a brand new baby. Has time really gone by that fast!? Looks like you all are doing great. Congratulations on the new upcoming addition.
Way to go Jensen!!! What a cute little man. And look at the stud in the background. I cant wait to see the next little man!!
Good job Mom and Jensen! I'm jealous!
You will have to send me your best tips on how you did it...
Post a Comment