Friday, July 2, 2010

Splish, Splash

We've been getting a fair amount of rain this week. (It's great- last year was WAY too hot and dry.) Also, our lawn hasn't been mowed for quite some time and the long blades make for great bunny watching. (There's probably a den of snakes living in my yard, too, but I try not to think about that…)We stepped outside on the back porch to observe this furry little friend, and since it was so warm, I decided to let the boys splash for a bit on the sidewalk. After all, if you're going to play in the rain, summer is the perfect time to do it!

(And yes, Jensen is, in fact, wearing underwear with no shorts on. We're going for round 2 of potty training and this time has been much more successful. I'm beginning to believe I might actually get to have him trained before the baby comes!)

3 comments:

Niki said...

Oohhhh, I dislike snakes. We have one living outside our door--so I try to step lightly. And I try to think that until we are able to catch it...it should be eating any and all mice that come near our door, right? I'm getting (sort of) use to wild animals around here. We had 2 raccoons a couple of weeks ago. That was the first time I saw raccoons--and the last because Grant shot them. Okay enough of me, but I do hope that you don't have to mow the lawn.
Warm rain storms are so much fun. Your kids are so cute. Congrats on potty training--that is a huge undertaking and accomplishment.

Shad and Cortney said...

aw rain- I have forgotten what you look like. I just wish you would come visit me in Arizona!

Seriously, they saw this is monsoon season here and it has rained around us, but there hasn't been a drop of rain on our driveway since I moved here in March. It did snow in April but I was in Texas that week.

Anyway. Your boys sure are cute! Shad and I are excited to be closer to there again soon so we can come visit!

Jenn said...

Look at those cute boys. It is nice and sad at the same time that Jensen is in big boy pants. They just grow up too fast.