Friday, May 15, 2009

Sweet Stuff

Last night I hosted a cake decorating class for a mid-week Relief Society Enrichment activity. I had so much fun! I don't get to decorate like I used to, and despite being pretty rusty, I remembered how much I enjoyed it.

I started out by doing some demonstrating. I ended up with this cute mini stacked tiered cake.
I really enjoyed making it...but not as much as Carson enjoyed eating it! (He told me later that he liked it, but he ate too much frosting!)
But the best part of the evening was letting everyone give it try with different tips and techniques. It became quickly evident that cake decorating can be harder than it looks...and not as intimidating as some had thought! It just takes a little training and some practice. Everyone got to decorate a tiny cake to take home. I was impressed with all the creativity! Thanks to everyone who came, I had a wonderful time. (And seriously, Kristen, I would love to do it again!)

8 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful!!! Oh man - I would love it if you did it again!!!!

Kasey said...

Whoah girl, you've got some skills. I'm sad I missed out.

Angela said...

Thanks for teaching us all last night! I had so much fun! My girls were very impressed and asked when I was going to make a big one for them!:)

The Liddells said...

It was so much fun. I need to go to enrichment activities more often.

Sheri said...

Remember when we (you) did Niki's wedding cake. Most of the details are fuzzy for me, except your crazy instructor who cracked us up the whole time. Great cake!

Unknown said...

i want a private lesson! and how do you make your mini cakes? that is the cutest thing ever! maya would love something like that for her birthday.

Lauren B. said...

Maren, I am so impressed. That turned out really cute!

Kristi said...

You have some serious skills, woman. Is there anything you can't do?! :) I think I need a lesson, too. I am very special needs when it comes to..pretty much everything :)