While she was here we played at a splash pad.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Spending Time with Auntie Jenn
So if you've been following along, Dustin's dad, Randy, had brain surgery a while back. Then he had meningitis. He actually almost got out of the hospital after that, until he split open his incision and they discovered that the bone which they placed in his head (to basically reinforce the skull) was infected. So they performed surgery again to remove it. Now the poor man can't get over the gout in his knee. It's been a rough month. But today he FINALLY came home. My mother-in-law (AKA Super Woman) has to administer his antibiotics via a picc line 3 times a day and he can barely walk thanks to his bum knee, but HE IS NO LONGER IN A HOSPITAL BED. It's a big day. Today we also said goodbye to Dustin's sister, Jennifer, who has been here for the past 10 days helping out. It was great to have her here, and I know Susan will REALLY miss her.
While she was here we played at a splash pad.
I got dog piled on.
We had a primary activity where we learned about emergency preparedness from the fire department. Afterwards they gave all the kids a good hose down.
...And lots more. Thanks Jenn for all of your help. We can't wait till you can come again!
While she was here we played at a splash pad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Eric told me that story about your father-in-law and I actually almost got sick (your mom told him last night). That poor, poor man! I'm glad he is finally (hopefully) recovering.
I'm glad to hear Dustin's dad is doing better and home now. I hope he will continue to improve and get healthy! It sounds like it has been a rough month for everyone.
Glad your FIL is doing better! :)
Thanks for the post! I had so much fun with the kids. I hope I can come back soon. I miss all of you already too. Give the kids hugs and kisses for me ;)
I miss Texas - it's not warm enough here to even think about splash pads, even if they were turned on. Did you SIL cut your hair while she was there? =) Glad Dustin's dad is doing better.
No hair cuts for me this time! I'm trying to grow it out a few more inches so I can donate it again. Plus, I don't want her feeling like she has to cut our hair every time we see her!
Post a Comment