So, my father-in-law got through his brain surgery alright, but none of us expected his recovery to go quite like it has.
Unfortunately he had to be re-admitted this weekend because he got bacterial meningitis (an infection of the coverings around the brain and spinal cord). It was pretty scary, especially for Dustin, who had to help get his dad out of the house and into the hospital. He couldn't believe how sick his dad was! Randy was saying things (when he did speak) that didn't make any sense. Dustin asked him if he knew who he was, and his dad replied, "The green monster?" (Well, Dustin was wearing a green shirt!) Fortunately, they started treating him right away, and he's finally starting to get better. We're not sure when he'll be home, but we're pretty sure it's going to be a rough couple of weeks...and probably months.
We've been reminding Carson to pray for his grandpa because he's very sick. So last night he told me, "I just want Grandpa to run and play with toys...and walk." So do we, little guy. So do we.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh, how scary! I'm so sorry to hear the news. I hope he continues to get better quickly.
I'm sorry to hear that your FIL is back in the hospital. We will keep him in our prayers.
That's scary!!! We'll keep him & you all in our prayers! Hugs!
That is really scary. We will keep you all prayers.
Dustin and Maren,
I'm sorry to hear about this. That is really tough. My little Tyler got aspectic meningitis right after a surgery he had on his brain and went back to the hospital for a while. It is horrible.
I am hoping and praying that everything will go well for your dad.
Post a Comment