Sunday, April 12, 2009

Camping

This past weekend we had our ward camp out and I'm so happy that we went. (We missed it last year on the account that Jensen was 5 weeks old and Dustin's siblings were in town.) We had a great time. The weather was perfect (it seriously could not have been better!) and the boys were both pretty good, especially at night. We decided to get a bigger tent this year because the 4 man tent we have really doesn't fit a family of 4. Our new tent had plenty of room to sleep and a great porch on the front to play.We also got a couple of cots and thanks to them, Dustin and I slept pretty well. Jensen also thought he was pretty hot stuff because he could climb up on top of them and sit all by himself.Carson was pretty excited about sleeping in our tent because he had his very own sleeping bag too!We had a great evening fireside where we sang silly camp songs (Steph, we're still laughing about your funky chicken!) And yes, that's Dustin 2nd from the left, who got roped into singing the "Baby Bumblebee" song. We also had a devotional by the bishop (which I had to listen to from our tent while trying to get a very tired 1 year old to sleep.)When Carson woke up in the morning he whispered to me, "Mom, is today Easter Day?" and sure enough, when he looked out the tent he saw colored eggs scattered all across the campground! Even Jensen got in on some hunting (even if he was totally satisfied by playing with the one egg he picked up!)Thanks to our ward and everyone who worked so hard to make the camp out possible. Our family had a great time!

6 comments:

Jen said...

It was so much fun!!! I'm so glad you all were there! :)

SD and EJ said...

Fun! I haven't been camping in such a long time. And I think it's so weird how they size tents because I totally agree that a 4-man tent does not even come close to being big enough for four people, even when two of them are small.

Niki said...

Wow! Camping in April. That is amazing. Grant was just talking about going camping this weekend. He said that it was the perfect camping weather. I thought that could be true if I could be 1 foot away from the campfire the whole time, but not likely with kids. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Maren and Dustin said...

Niki, you have to go camping in April or October here, because everything in between is just too hot! :) I'm sure I wouldn't want to go camping in Spokane at this time of year either!

Bethany said...

True, Never thought about the Texas heat before. I'm still jealous though! I want to go camping! We'll have to try to hit our ward campout this August.

Lauren B. said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm sure your boys (all 3 of them) had a blast!!