
So, happy birthday to me. Can't exactly say it's been the best birthday. After all, it's Sunday, so we couldn't really go out and do anything fun. Plus with a surgery recovering husband who has also been sick all weekend, doing anything fun wouldn't have happened anyway. I briefly lamented to my mom (isn't that what mom's are for?) about how mom's never have great birthdays, because we still have to do everything AND make our own birthday cake. She understood, even if my husband didn't. At least I got to eat the yummy lemon cake that I made, so that wasn't so bad. And I got phone calls from my brothers and LOTS of well wishes on my facebook page (thanks everyone!).

And as long as I get to share my birthday cake with these little cuties, I guess I really don't have much to complain about at all.
14 comments:
Happy birthday, Maren! Your cake looks good. If it makes you feel any better, Ryan has never cared about birthdays (including his own!), so making them fabulous has always been up to me. :)
Happy birthday!! I really need to change that on our calendar because it says your birthday is tomorrow. I remember the first time I made a birthday cake for Eric and he wanted lemon. I thought it was so weird! I guess it's a Jensen thing. I hope you had a good day!!
Happy Birthday Maren!! Ditto on what Jessica said! Jason is the same way! LOL!!!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! I don't know if you could hear me yell it to you when you were talking to Jeff yesterday but we were thinking of you! I must say that Jeff always does a pretty good job for my birthday. But then again I lay out exactly want I want for him - that way I'm never disappointed! :)
Happy Birthday! Boys are never very good at birthdays, especially Shad, so for my birthday that is coming up, I bought myself a great gift. I got floor seats to the Houston rodeo to see Josh Turner. He is my favorite, so I just took care of it myself. :) We miss yall. I can't believe how big Carson is!!
To stand up for myself, Maren, I did take you out Saturday night. Hello! Did you forget?
Dustin
I didn't forget. (But just because you're nice to me on Saturday night doesn't mean you can't also be nice on Sunday.) And thank you for the date, we should do that every week, not just for birthdays.
Happy 29th Maren! I don't like Sunday birthdays much either. My 29th this year wasn't so hot either--I had just had Penny 8 days earlier and was still recovering. Oh well, we need to enjoy our last year of the 20's! Are you feeling old yet? I'm kinda struggling with this whole issue of turning 30. Maybe we all can just make a pact to be eternally 29! :) Anyway, Happy Birthday--wish we could have been there to celebrate with ya!
Happy birthday Maren!!!! I hope you had a great birthday. You and your family look adorable on your big day :)
Yes, I agree with Maren, you should go out every week or even every other. But as you said you got to eat your yummy cake that I am sure was awesome. Happy Birthday!
I hope you had a good birthday!! Next year you'll have to make your big 30th a good one!!
I am 29 for just a few more months..it goes fast and I am already starting to dread turning 30. I didn't think I would, but it's just starting to hit!
Anyway, your cake looks great and you and the boys couldn't be cuter!
I totally feel your pain on having to do everything even when it's your birthday. Men just aren't born with thoughtfulness or something. Hopefully Dustin or a close friend will throw together a great party/getaway for your 30th!
Happy Birthday!
Happy (late) Birthday Maren! 29 looks good on you :)
Post a Comment