Friday, January 16, 2009

Seeing Eye to Eye

Dustin has had a dream for quite some time. We both have, actually. But whenever we have talked about it in the past, the conversation has always ended with a sigh and a "someday..."

Until today.

Today, Dustin fulfilled his dream of someone cutting open his eyeball and shooting a laser in there. Yep, today he got Lasik eye surgery. And I got to watch the whole thing on a nice big monitor. It was pretty crazy, and I'm sure my husband is rather relieved that I didn't have my camera to snap any shots of him in his beautiful blue puffy cap, or him squeezing a big teddy bear.

As for now, he just looks like this= (don't worry, it looks a lot worse than it is.)It was a very fast procedure and the recovery is going well. I'm so relieved, because his lack of vision has been driving me crazy for years. Maybe now he'll be able to see our gigantic TV and stop bugging me for an even bigger one!

7 comments:

Kasey said...

Congrats Dustin. Brave you for watching. That picture is making me queasy.

Michelle said...

Lucky you! I am jealous. Is Maren next?

p.s. It is in a man's genetic makeup to want a bigger tv. No laser is going to help that one.

Kristi said...

Hooray for Dustin! His poor eyes look painful, but he is one lucky guy tohave had that done! Goodness, I would love to have that surgery.

Maren and Dustin said...

Thanks a lot, Michelle, if that's the case, we just spent way too much $!

Rebecca said...

I want to know if it was creepy for him actually seeing what was going on. You know, if you have surgery on your knee, you don't have to watch. But when they hold open and laser your eye, you have no choice. But yay for you, Dustin. I have always thought about it. Keep us posted on the progress.

Lauren B. said...

Ouch. I am impressed. I think anyone who can do that is very brave. I would love to not have to wear contacts or glasses, but I am just too wimpy!

Jenn said...

Yuck! Glad it wasn't me. You are brave to watch it. I would not be able to handle it.