Dustin has been a Garth Brooks fan for a long time. We really wanted to go and see him while he was playing in Las Vegas, but we didn't ever get the chance. But when Garth's tour announced that they were coming to Houston, one of our friends suggested that we go and surprise Dustin with tickets. So I bought the tickets, and put this big poster up in his office that shows Garth inviting him to his concert in a little word bubble off to the side. As it turns out, Dustin is way too smart to be surprised…because he checks our credit card purchases all the time. :)


We ended up going with our friend Naomi and she brought her daughter, Dorothy, who was celebrating her birthday. I'm so glad we got to go with our friends!
I found it hilarious that when he sang any of the ballads, everyone would get their phones out and turn their lights on! It was a very cool effect, though!
This was my first ever concert, and while I had fun, and I enjoyed the performances from Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood, I don't know that I'll be running out to buy concert tickets again. It was too loud for my taste, and the amount of alcohol consumption going on all around us was crazy. But we had fun going to Houston for a date night, spending time with friends and each other.




No comments:
Post a Comment