We had kind of a low key Independence Day, since Dustin and I were getting back from Houston in the morning, and then Dustin played in a golf tournament in the afternoon. But the boys and I wanted to make fun things for dinner, even if it was just for us. We made pizza rolls, a fruit flag and red, white and blue drinks. The drinks were their favorite. We had a little science lesson on how the sugar content makes liquid heavy, and they loved that the blue gatorade stayed on top of their cranberry juice. Unfortunately, the white drink that we had must have had a sugar content that was too close to the red, because it sank and didn't sit on top. But- still a fun experiment nonetheless.
Then the boys and I met up with Dustin at the golf course to watch fireworks. The weather was quite nice and the kids had a blast running around on the 18th green playing with the glow sticks I had for them. They also had a band that played live music (although not during the fireworks show) and someone sang the national anthem.
The fireworks show was good too, except that the wind was blowing straight at us, and we kept getting rained on with pieces of ash and junk from the fireworks. Hudson totally loved the fireworks and kept saying, "Whoa!" and "Yeah! Lights!" and "Pretty!"
Of course, we had some tired and cranky kids today, but I'm glad we got to have a fun 4th of July together!




No comments:
Post a Comment