This Easter I got the boys baskets ready early and despite being dead tired the night before, took the time to hide them (per tradition) before crawling into my bed.
This Easter we got to watch General Conference at home and I did our basket of goodies, like usual, to help them stay focused on listening to what people were talking about during the Conference.
This Easter I also printed off plenty of activities to help the kids be somewhat reverent, to help them learn a little and allow me to be able to listen to Conference.
Unfortunately,
this Easter I had a bunch of whiney, hyper, and disobedient kids who were pretty ungrateful for all the things I had prepared for them. I also had a husband who has been worked to the bone at the office and at home this week and who kinda checked out for the day. Wasn't our best Easter.
But at least I didn't have to make dinner.
While we were at Grandma and Grandpa Brudnicki's for dinner, the boys got to have a little egg hunt. (They had fun, and I was generous and let them keep a little bit of the candy…)
To top it all off, I got to get everyone in bed and clean up the wreckage that was left over from the day. By myself.
Not the best day I've had as a mom, but it is comforting to know that even when we have bad days, Jesus is there to help us begin again tomorrow. Even when we've made a mess of a situation, He is there to help us clean it up and mend it. Easter truly is the most important day of the year- to celebrate the beauty of knowing that what we do everyday is worthwhile, because of what He did for us. I may not have had what I thought was a delightful day, but because of the atonement and the resurrection of Jesus Christ, my day, and my life, is still of infinite value.







2 comments:
Oh I've had those days. But I know you know that. We all have those days. And it is a beautiful thing that it can all be made right in the end because of the atonement. And it is a wonderful to think about it especially on Easter--but sorry you had to think about it under such circumstances. :)
Sorry to hear about your Easter! The kids are sure cute!
Post a Comment