Our little "baby Huddy" turned 2 yesterday. It doesn't feel quite like 2 years has passed, and maybe it's because he's "the baby" but it seems like he's still a baby to us.
And since he's 2 and doesn't really have any friends, we just had another family party. He loved that because he loves his family- especially his baby cousin Emmett. I decided to have a "Puppy Party" theme and we ate corn dogs and brats for dinner. I also made this super cute (and pretty easy) puppy cake. Hudson loved it!
Also, because he was turning 2, and he doesn't really know any better, I didn't have the boys buy him any birthday gifts. But that didn't stop them from finding toys and books around the house, wrapping them up, making cards and giving them to their favorite baby brother. It was seriously beyond precious. It also warmed my heart to see Carson and Jensen helping Mason wrap his present for Hudson, and writing the words on his card. It was a proud mama moment watching them work together to do something nice for Hudson.
And even though I didn't go and buy Hudson any gifts, that didn't stop Daddy from getting him something! Hudson got his very own Wii controller (minus any batteries) since he demands to have one of the remotes but refuses to let anyone help him use it when the Wii gets turned on! Problem no more. When the boys played after opening presents, Hudson excitedly drove his Mario Kart car with the best of them…in his cute little imagination!
Funniest present of the night went to Uncle Jason, Aunt Jen and baby Emmett. They gave Hudson this big box:
Inside: A puppy of his very own! Complete with food (Puppy Chow), newspaper, and even some puppy poop (which the boys gobbled up right away!!!)
Hudson has been carrying around his new dog, which he calls "Puppy" instead of "Fuff, Fuff" which is what he calls all dogs. Sigh. He's growing up already!
Quite possibly the strangest and funniest thing that happened was Hudson crying when we sang "Happy Birthday" to him. This was particularly crazy, since we sing "Happy Birthday" multiple times a day…every day. It's his favorite song. I still don't know why he got upset. But I'll always remember that he did!










1 comment:
Such a fun birthday! I can't believe he is 2 already! Time sure goes by so fast! Loved Jason and Jen's gift! Cute idea for sure!!
Post a Comment