Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spring Break '15

We never seem to plan anything spectacular during spring break. I did, however, manage a couple of playdates with friends during the week, which went a long way with my boys.

I think this picture was before spring break, but I couldn't resist posting it. All 4 of them were happily, somewhat quietly, and cooperatively painting together. Well, Hudson wasn't painting, but he was feeling pretty cool about doing something at the table that the big boys were doing!
I love this picture, too. This was Saturday before the week of spring break. We had invited some friends over for dinner, and while I was doing some cleaning, Dustin busted out a game to play with the boys. Mason and Hudson weren't playing but they were happy to sit on the table and hang out with the boys. I love all these guys.
 Thankfully we had several days of playdates with friends, and that kept the boys busy. We also enjoyed pretty fair weather, even though the week had been forecasted to have a lot of rain. So everyday that the rain stayed away was a day to play outside! Lately they've been going out into our "woods" and climbing their favorite tree. Carson and Mason still have some climbing skills to develop, but Jensen is helping them along.
 And since Hudson isn't much of a tree climber, he enjoyed the boys' other favorite outdoor activity- basketball!!! (Of course, the big boys play on the big hoop out front, but this little hoop is where Hudson dominates!!!) You see that smile on that little boy's face? You see that ball catching nothing but net? He really likes playing basketball with this Hudson sized hoop.
We capped off the week by going out for pizza and ice cream. Nothing fancy, but we enjoyed a laid back spring break.

No comments: