Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Birthday Minecraft-ing Style

It hardly seems right that Jensen is 7! When we originally started planning his birthday party, we hoped to be able to do something off-site and super easy for me (since I had some other events going on) but when those plans fell through, he decided on a Minecraft Birthday Party. Fortunately, I found lots of resources, via Pinterest, and most of them had great printables, which made our party so much more manageable. 
Here's Jensen with his banner, creeper (which we attempted to knock down with Nerf guns, but that proved to be quite a challenge!) and his wolf (which the kids had to throw bean bag "bones" into his mouth to tame him.)
 I loved that Jensen chose the easiest cake we saw on Pinterest- with no prodding from me! It was cute and SO EASY. And yummy.
 I don't normally go to the trouble of doing theme food, but the ideas were so fun that we couldn't pass it up. It was probably my favorite part of the party!
 Jensen got very nice presents from his friends. It was all stuff he loved (games, Legos, science kits, candy, cash!) and as I was cleaning everything up, I loved reading all the kids cards that they had made for him. I love when kids make their own cards, in their own handwriting, with their own artwork. You can't buy that kind of precious! 
 On Sunday I gave Jensen his present from us. He's been taking some of my old scriptures to church, but he didn't have a proper bag, so he was (clearly) excited to receive this and take his scriptures to church in a real scripture case!
Monday was his actual birthday, and even though it felt like we had been celebrating the whole weekend, we went out to dinner. And I got to take my standard once-a-year-birthday-photo with Jensen. I love this boy so much. He is such a wonderful person and I know he's going to be successful in whatever he does in life because of his hard working and happy attitude!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

What a fun Birthday! I can't believe he is 7! Time sure goes by suer fast! Love and miss you all!