Sunday, February 1, 2015

The 2015 Pinewood Derby

So Carson had his second Pinewood Derby in January. We had some scheduling conflicts this year, so Dustin went with Carson to the Pinewood Derby and I went to the temple with a special young friend who was going through for the first time. 

Dustin didn't get to go last year (because he was fishing in a tournament) so this was his first year to attend in our new ward. They really put on a good show for our boys. 

Carson did a little research this year, prior to building his car, on the scientific ways to improve the speed of a pinewood derby car. So armed with his new knowledge, we were able to come up with a plan to make this year's car the best that we could. Well, the research and plan paid off.

 Here he is with his friend. I love that they're both clutching the first place trophy!
And here's the closeup of the Jazz car and his trophy. Carson and Dustin have already been talking about things they want to do next year. :)

1 comment:

Maren and Dustin said...

And sorry to my SIL, who left me a comment, and then I accidentally deleted it (I really shouldn't moderate comments while I'm on my phone!) So here it is! :)

EJ has left a new comment on your post "The 2015 Pinewood Derby":

Awesome job, Carson! When Cohen was born, EJ sat, holding him in the hospital talking to him about how he couldn't wait to build a pinewood derby car with him. It was actually super sweet.