I don't have any pictures from Halloween this year. It was kind of a crazy night, since Carson ended up getting one of his awful headaches and spent the afternoon/evening laying in bed and throwing up. But luckily, we got dressed up for our ward Trunk-or-Treat a few nights before and I had the time to snap some pictures that night.
From oldest to youngest: Carson, A.K.A. "Harry Potter." Carson finally finished the HP series this summer and naturally wanted to be Harry for Halloween. The costume wasn't too difficult to pull off, but it was the one that required the most effort this year.
Jensen, A.K.A "Captain America." Easy Peasy. Shield=already owned. Sweatshirt=found at Target. Sweatshirt bonus= he actually needed a new sweatshirt! Pants= blue sweatpants that I sewed red fabric to the bottom of. DONE! (And he loved it!)
Mason, A.K.A. "Rex" from Toy Story. Since I was reusing Jensen's old Buzz Lightyear costume for Hudson this year, I hoped that Mason would like to be Woody. Nope. He wanted to be Zurg- Buzz Lightyear's sworn enemy, but I couldn't find a Zurg costume and that was too overwhelming to make. So Rex became the second choice. He loved this costume, even if he didn't really end up wearing the headpiece.
Hudson, A.K.A "Buzz Lightyear" and me as "Jessie" from Toy Story. I loved that I could reuse these awesome costumes that I spent so much time on 5 years ago. Hudson didn't really want to have anything to do with this costume when I got it out for him. So the days leading up to Halloween we played with it, tried it on, the big boys cheered for him when he was wearing it, the big boys kept calling him "Buzz," we watched "Toy Story," etc. I was still fearful he would freak out when the time came to wear it. But when it came time to get everyone dressed, Hudson stood in front of me wanting his costume on just like the big boys. Whew!!!!
The 3 younger boys and I ended up having dinner and trick-or-treating with some friends in the ward on Halloween night, while Carson and Dustin bunkered down at home. And lucky for Carson his sweet younger brothers were happy to share their haul with him the next morning.







No comments:
Post a Comment