Mason has been getting to do some fun things lately. I don't know how families have all their kids involved in different activities at the same time. Sometimes I feel exhausted with just one kid doing an activity! This is the first time Mason has gotten to do a team sport. He's playing soccer at the YMCA. They had their first game on Saturday and it was kinda funny to Dustin and me. If you could have picked any of our kids, as babies, to play sports when they got older, the obvious choice would have been Mason. He was big, fairly well coordinated, and seemed like he'd make a good athlete. Well, the jury is still out on this one. Turns out, he's not that "in" to sports or being competitive. And he's on the whiney side when it comes to toughness. But at least he seemed to enjoy running around with a bunch of other little kids on the field. The only time he actually kicked the ball during the game was when he got to do the kick-off. We're going to have to go over the objective of this game with him. :)
Mason has also been loving his pre-school class at MDO. He's also loving that our neighbor goes to his class (and I am LOVING the carpooling!) He's in the Monkey class.
They have a new director this year and she's been doing some fun things at school. Last week they had "spirit week" and on Tuesday they had Crazy Hair Day.
I purposely didn't cut Mason's hair when the other boys got their hair cut so that I could give him a little "mohawk" for Crazy Hair Day. As Dustin pointed out to me, I didn't get it even on the middle of his head. In my defense, he's not usually super cooperative about hair cuts (still) and I never have to worry about where the middle of his head is, since normally I'm shaving it all off! ANYWAY, I colored his hair with a little sidewalk chalk and water and he thought it was great.
Mason is a funny little boy. He loves nothing more than to sit next to me and play with my hair. Still. But get on his bad side, and you'll be sorry you went into the same room with him. Just ask any of his brothers...







No comments:
Post a Comment