After our successful road trip this summer, we decided, what the heck- lets do it again! So off to St. George we went for a week of fun with Grandma and Grandpa Jensen. And lucky us, we got to spend part of the week with my brother, Eric, and his family.
The driving part of our trip had to be condensed due to the time we had allotted for this trip. So it was a quick (did I say quick? I mean long) 2 days in and a full 2 days back. I only took one picture of our drive out- going over the Glen Canyon Dam (I think). I wish that I had taken a picture as we drove through west Texas. Everyone was out harvesting their cotton, and it looked like it had snowed in the desert! But I was driving most of that day, so I didn't think it was safe to be taking photographs.
I also didn't take any pictures of the first part of the week that we spent at my parents house. We just kinda laid low, grocery shopped, the boys played in the leaves in the backyard, etc.
But the second half of the week we spent in a nice condo. One morning we took all the kids down to the playground, and to a pond to feed the ducks.
We also spent a fair amount of time letting the kids play on these rocks around the walking trail by the pond. My boys are always very happy in a place with rocks. Big rocks, little rocks, any rocks. Hours of endless fun!
Our boys didn't really spend much time playing with Eric's kids this summer when we were in Idaho, so it was fun to see them interact this week. (How cute are these guys?)
Hudson and Brant were my favorite. They were funny towards each other. It was like, "Hey, there's a little person my size…cool." And then the next second it was, "Hey little person my size, that's MY toy! This is where I want to sit! These are the buttons that I'm playing with!" There were a lot of little shoves and pushes, and tears, but I could not get over how funny it was.
Of course, my mom and I spent a good amount of time getting the food ready for Thanksgiving. I know she never wants to do it again (at least a big turkey…and definitely not crockpot mashed potatoes) but I enjoyed spending time with her in the kitchen cooking. And the kids all really enjoyed the desserts!
The day after Thanksgiving was my dad's birthday. This was the best we could get with 7 squirmy kids!
We also went and hiked around the red rocks in St. George. The kids had so much fun (ROCKS!!!!) and it was a good way to get out and do something fun with everyone (minus Mom, whose knees would not allow her to come).
We also took our boys, plus my 4 year old nephew Cohen, to a fun indoor glow-in-the-dark miniature golf course. The boys had fun and Cohen was so cute- he had never been golfing before and was just so tickled the whole time.
All in all, we had a fun trip. Thankfully we didn't run into too much holiday traffic, and we all made it home safely. A big thanks to my parents for having us, and Eric and Stephanie for coming and letting the cousins have such a wonderful time together.
















No comments:
Post a Comment