The return trip took twice as long as the trip out, but we made sure to spend time with some family and we also took the time to wind down just as our little family before making it back to our own beds.
We spent a couple of days with Aunt Jennifer and Uncle Adam in SLC. Jenn took us to the Aquarium in Sandy. Jenn and I were disappointed that there weren't any really big fish, but the boys didn't seem to mind at all. Jensen and Mason liked petting the sting rays (and Carson did not) and Hudson liked seeing the fishes swim right in front of his face.
After our stay in SLC, we began our journey west, and visited with Dustin's extended family in Roosevelt. The big boys got to go golfing with Dustin and Uncle Brent and some of their boys. The little boys and I stayed with Ann Marie and played. On our way out of Roosevelt we made our obligatory stop at the Dinosaur National Monument outside of Vernal.
The Monument is actually located in Jensen Utah. We had to let this guy take a picture in his own city!
Then it was on through Colorado, through the beautiful mountains (and some crazy rain storms), into New Mexico and finally back into the Lone Star State. We planned from the beginning to stay our last couple of nights on the road at the Great Wolf Lodge in Dallas before heading home. It was perfect- slow paced, relaxing, and fun. I didn't end up taking many pictures here, because a lot of our time was spent in the water park, and after Hudson destroyed my last phone with water, I wasn't up for risking taking my phone there!
I did get this cute shot of a baby wolf in our room, though. :)
I also thought I broke one of my toes at the water park, but since we've been home, it's improved quite a bit, so that I don't think it was broken, but maybe just sprained or something.
We're all quite happy to be sleeping in our own beds and having all of our clothes to choose from. I think we will remember this trip with much fondness in the years to come.










No comments:
Post a Comment