Monday, March 18, 2013

Anticipation

Anticipation can be one of those things that can totally enhance an experience. Like Christmas! 
Or it can be one of those things that makes it worse. Like being 9 months pregnant.

I really thought this little guy was on his way this past Friday. Before that, I really hadn't worried too much about it, which was keeping me sane. But all weekend I felt a little let down. The anticipation is working against me now. I decided to quit worrying about when he was going to come and just distract myself with other things. Anything. Everything! 

Thankfully we had an awesome (although entirely too short) visit from some of our dear friends, the Neeley's on Sunday. I needed it. Plus, I have my mom here to help me tackle projects, like re-upolstering our dinning room chairs. Today was laundry day. It's not that great of a distraction, but who knows, maybe folding, ironing and bed making will help convince this little guy that now would be a good time to join the rest of us.

Or he might just really be "in" to this whole anticipation thing. -Sigh-

4 comments:

Niki said...

Christmas. I totally think having a baby is like Christmas; although, you never know when it is going to happen. It's so exciting. Having the Neeleys would be a great distraction. I'm a bit jealous. Although reupholstering chairs would also be cool. I need that done. When are you coming here? I would relish a distraction from you right now! Wouldn't that be great? But alas, we are very far away neighbors, and tonight that makes me a little sad. Good luck with the upcoming hospital visit! I miss you!

EJ said...

The end of pregnancy is the worst! He'll be here soon. :)

Rebecca said...

Aw man, I have felt that too many times!! Every time you update I think there is going to be a baby. Hang in there, Maren!!

Sheri said...

Awe, thanks for the shout out. It was too short of a visit. =( However, it didn't feel like any time had passed - certainly not as many years as it has been (4? When did you come to Dallas?). Let's not wait so long again. Good luck, he will be here soon enough!