Last month I took the boys to the dentist for their 6 month cleanings. Jensen had a tooth on the bottom that was a little wiggly. He also has two of his 6 year molars in. Anyway, he's been busy wiggling that tooth and today it was looking crazy loose! I thought I better get a shot of it before it fell out.
It didn't take long, because just a couple of hours later as they finished eating lunch he was showing it to Carson. Carson said,"Just pull it out!" So Jensen stuck his fingers in his mouth and pulled it out.
He was pretty happy about it. And even though my kids totally know that I play the part of the tooth fairy, he was stoked to put his tooth under his pillow tonight in order for the "tooth fairy" to leave him something in return. (Sheesh, he's so big now!)
On another note, today is Dustin's birthday. He spent the day fishing in a bass club tournament, and the kids didn't even get to see him. (But we did enjoy going out to dinner last night. And we plan to have a yummy family dinner tomorrow night- chocolate silk pie included!)
On yet another side note, today was my Grandpa Jensen's funeral. He passed away on Monday, March 4th. I was very sad that I couldn't travel to Utah due to the impending birth of my 4th baby, but I was also bummed, because I had always planned to play "Claire De Lune" for his funeral. Fortunately, I know some very tech savvy people who helped me make a recording of the song on the piano and send it to my parents, who were then able to play it at at the funeral today. Technology can be so, so great. I thought about him and my family all day today. I wish I could have gone, but I know that he understands. Besides, I was able to play his favorite song for him on more than one occasion while he was still living, which is probably way more meaningful anyway. And I'm so very happy that he can finally be with Grandma Jensen (who passed away 3 years ago when I was pregnant with Mason.) I know he missed her so much and it was hard for him to be separated from her. Now they'll never be apart. And that makes me very, very happy.
On yet another side note, today was my Grandpa Jensen's funeral. He passed away on Monday, March 4th. I was very sad that I couldn't travel to Utah due to the impending birth of my 4th baby, but I was also bummed, because I had always planned to play "Claire De Lune" for his funeral. Fortunately, I know some very tech savvy people who helped me make a recording of the song on the piano and send it to my parents, who were then able to play it at at the funeral today. Technology can be so, so great. I thought about him and my family all day today. I wish I could have gone, but I know that he understands. Besides, I was able to play his favorite song for him on more than one occasion while he was still living, which is probably way more meaningful anyway. And I'm so very happy that he can finally be with Grandma Jensen (who passed away 3 years ago when I was pregnant with Mason.) I know he missed her so much and it was hard for him to be separated from her. Now they'll never be apart. And that makes me very, very happy.





1 comment:
I love that picture of them!! It's so weird to think they were our age once. I was sad to miss the funeral too. How cool is it that you still got to be part of it?
Post a Comment