Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Festivities!

Our Halloween would not be complete without our ward's Trunk-or-Treat party. In fact, it pretty much IS our purpose for Halloween. More than once we have chosen costumes due to what we wanted to wear to the Trunk-or-Treat. This year, such was the case.

Dustin has wanted to be a team of Harlem Globetrotters for several years now, and the stars aligned this Halloween. My job was to make the shorts and shirts, and Dustin found the headbands, wristbands, and the wigs. I'm not going to lie, I got the hardest job. But seriously, when you look this good, it makes it all worth it!
Mason refused to wear his wig. He wouldn't even put it on his head. Even for a picture. (I should have known better than to even buy him one.) But the other boys look awesome in their afro wigs! We did win the Best Costume award for a family or group, and I really think the wigs put us at the top. :)
 Good pictures of multiple children are hard to come by these days. It's a good thing I love them.
 The kids of course had a great time getting candy. They got so much, that we took part of their haul and used it to give out on Halloween. (I'm a total Re-Gifter!)

 It was too warm on Halloween to wear the wigs, so they just looked cute, instead of over the top hilarious. It was funny to hear people when the boys would come up to the door. "Oh, cool, you're a Harlem Globetrotter! Oh, look, here's another one. Wait, a third!" (Then upon seeing Dustin and I with the kids) "Hey, it's a whole team!"
 The candy getting was good this year. Plus, when you have several kids, and they all stay out for an hour and a half, and you live in a neighborhood like ours, then, yeah, it's a lot of sugar.
This holiday alone may destroy all hope of me having a normal pregnancy weight gain. (And I was doing so well!) I might have to go to drastic measures in order to save myself. 

And speaking of baby, we get to have our 20 week ultrasound NEXT WEEK! I think all my friends and family might be more anxious than either Dustin or I are about what we're having. :)

4 comments:

SD and EJ said...

So fun! I have a friend who did Harlem Globetrotters costumes with her family and her newborn baby was a basketball. :)

Jenn said...

Such a cute family! In a little over a month you can share all that candy with us! If Jason doesn't eat it all before then ;).

Maren and Dustin said...

Steph, that is awesome!!

Maren and Dustin said...

Jenn, you know that candy will be long gone by the time you get here! :)