Our attempt to carve a pumpkin went a little better this year. Last year I made the mistake of doing it a week or so before Halloween, forgetting that I live in Texas, where we have very warm Halloweens. That pumpkin rotted pretty quickly. This year we waited, and thanks to a cool front (we don't actually get very many "cold fronts") I think this little guy will last just fine for a couple of days.
The boys remembered pulling out the pumpkin guts last year. I was a little surprised they were much more willing to do it this time around!
The big boys helped pick out the face I carved. Jensen liked him because of his "angry eyebrows."
The boys were also thrilled that I put an actual candle inside the pumpkin. Mason kept singing "Happy Birthday to You" when I was lighting it. :) Even though I did the vast majority of the work, I'm still glad that the boys had fun "helping" to carve our family pumpkin.

1 comment:
How cool is that that you get to carve your pumpkins outside. What an awesome thing!
Post a Comment