Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Spa

So it wasn't exactly a professional experience, but it was…an…experience. On Friday I got to go to Carson's school where the kindergardener's put on a Mother's Day Spa. They painted nails, gave massages, applied makeup and whipped up some creative hairdo's all in the name of love.

Carson got to be assisted by his cute little friend Jackson. They took turns putting makeup on me (which thankfully was all very neutral. Some of the other moms were not so lucky!)
Then they each painted my fingernails on one of my hands. They thought that was fun because it was kind of like painting pictures. I was also wise here, because I brought my own nail color. Nice and light. :)
Lastly, Carson styled my hair. I had to explain how to brush my long hair (not up!) and then he put a clip in it. He also used my brush to scratch my back (which is something his Grandma Brudnicki has taught my boys to do.)
It was fun to spend a little time with Carson and his friends. As for the rest of my mother's day, it was fine. Both Mason and Jensen were feeling under the weather, so Dustin stayed home from church with them. Carson got to give the scripture in Primary, and he read it all by himself, so he was really excited about that. Once he read his scripture we came home, since he wasn't feeling his best either. But my mother-in-law and I were treated to a lovely dinner and dessert by all the guys, so that was nice (and tasty). Hope all my mom friends got to enjoy a little something special for mother's day as well!

2 comments:

Niki said...

That is so cool. Isn't it fun being a mom? What a fun time for you and him.

Jenn said...

That is a fun and cute idea! As always, you look gorgeous!