Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

We started off our Memorial Day with our traditional Scout's Pancake Breakfast. I love to go to these because we get to see the flag raised, hear the national anthem and eat breakfast! Here are my three sons getting ready to enjoy the mornings program.
 This year they kicked it up a notch and had a fly over. The boys loved this! Mason was particularly interested in the big loud plane and said, "Plane. Flying."We got a good look at it too, because he flew over us twice. 
 After the breakfast the big boys headed out with Dad and Grandpa Brudnicki to the lake to do a little fishing. Grandma Brudnicki, Mason and I joined them for a picnic lunch a little later. Mason and I also got a boat ride, and he keeps telling us the same thing when we ask him about riding in the boat. It sounds like he's saying "shadow" but none of us have been able to decipher the meaning of it, which is unusual for Mason, since he usually speaks pretty clearly.
 Carson got to stay out on the boat with Dad and Grandpa for a little longer and ended up catching his first fish- all by himself! Dustin and Grandpa were so proud of him! I love this first picture. Maybe it's the smile, maybe it's the sunglasses, but it is for sure 100% adorable!
 And it wasn't long before he caught another, even bigger, fish. This picture also cracks me up, as the excitement seem to have worn off!
 We really had such a wonderful day together with our family. I am especially thankful for those servicemen and women who have bravely fought for this country. I can't celebrate these holidays without sharing my gratitude for my own grandpa, Perry Jensen, who served in WWII and the Korean War. I enjoy hearing his stories and learning about his excellence as a pilot. I love him for a lot of reasons, but I'm also thankful that we have him as such a wonderful patriotic example in our family.

2 comments:

The Mrs. and The Momma said...

I love that pic of Carson's unsure face! That's a big one! Looks like a good time!
hugs,
K

Lauren Pomeroy said...

Those pictures of Carson and his fish are priceless! I'm sure Dustin was so proud!