So, I know our fun aunt and uncles left over a week ago, but I didn't get a chance to post our last little adventure together. Grandma Brudnicki, Jason, Jen & Adam, and the little boys and I drove out to the Enchanted Rock State Park, to hike to the summit and have a picnic. I'm so glad I cancelled the other things I could have done that day, because this was such a fun experience with the boys and a great bonding memory to have with their aunt and uncles.
Here was everyone getting started. The "Rock" is a huge pink granite mound rising up from the ground. There are two, and we climbed the summit of the taller one the morning that we went. They also have plenty of scenic trails that go around the rocks.
It was a good hike, but not very difficult. After all, we took children and a grandma to the top!
Adam and Jensen raced to the top, ahead of all the rest of us. Carson and Jason were up next, then it took a little longer for Susan, Jennifer, Mason and I to catch up. It was a very windy day, and on the top, there was nothing stopping that wind! Adam and Jensen enjoyed leaning into the wind.
Mason, however, was not a big fan of all that wind. He just clung to me the whole time we were at the summit.
Thanks to my wonderful in-law family, who spent their morning with me and my boys and took such good care of us. The boys loved having their hiking buddies, and sharing this fun experience with you!

1 comment:
You look good, mama!!! Fun trip!
Post a Comment