Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love the LOVE

I love making homemade Valentines. I start really early, so that I have time to make them without getting stressed. And it allows me time to let my kids help. When I pick which Valentines I'm going to make (off of the Disney Family Fun Go website) I always make sure that the kids can help in some way. 

These are the Valentines Jensen made for his "preschool" class. They are little glow sticks pushed through hearts that say "You make my heart GLOW". (My kids love glow sticks!) I love that he signs his name now, and he also helped carefully push the glow sticks through each heart. The best part was that I got the glow sticks in the Target dollar bin! Talk about inexpensive (yet cute and fun.)
These are Carson's Valentines. We made some cute heart shaped crayons (this year's attempt was much more successful than last year) and they have a card that says "You Color My World." We also had the good fortune of getting some Krispy Kreme Valentines for free while we were there last week, and so each of his classmates can also take those in to get a free donut in the next month! Yummy and fun!
And these were the Valentines that we made for their teachers. They are bags of microwave popcorn taped on to what is supposed to look like a box of movie popcorn. And even though the boys didn't do too much to help me, I still really liked them.

I know a lot of people who hate Valentines day because they think it's too commercialized, or because it focuses too much on romantic love.  I guess I just don't worry about those things when it comes to this holiday. I feel like I have a lot of love in my life, through my husband, kids, family, and friends. I could think of a lot of people who I would consider my "Valentines." 
Of course I love this guy.
And this guy.
AND this guy.
And who doesn't love this guy? :)
 But mostly I love all of this.







1 comment:

Niki said...

So cute! You are a great mom. I love all your creativity that you get your kids involved in.