Friday, June 25, 2010

Dinner and a Movie

Yesterday we took the boys to a much anticipated event. I have been telling them for about 9 months that I would take them both to see Toy Story 3!This was Jensen's first movie theater experience. He was a pro. He sat between Dustin and I (with a large tub of popcorn) and watched the whole thing. At the end he even clapped- it was awesome.

This was Carson's 4th movie theater trip and he kept asking me for his candy during the previews! He actually got pretty scared and upset a couple of times. At one point I put my hand on his chest to try to calm him down and I could feel his poor little heart just racing! But I kept telling him that the toys were going to find a way out and they would be okay. Then I distracted him with some M&M's. He did fine after that.

Here they are getting ready to leave. Both in their Toy Story shirts, and even though you can't see them very well, they're holding their little Toy Story toys. We all had a great time at the movie (which was awesome) and then enjoyed a later dinner at Texas Road House (per Carson's request…:)).

In other exciting news, I found out yesterday that I passed my 3 hour glucose test, so I do not have gestational diabetes! Hooray for me!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Your Toy Story experience sounds just like ours. Clark sat through the whole thing, no problem. But Grace got pretty scared there towards the end (understandably so, those toys looked like they were done for:). Fun times!

Rebecca said...

We didn't have anyone get scared, and it was our 2 year old's first movie too! WE LOVED IT!! And yay for not having diabetes. Your pregnany really is flying by for me. Prolly not for you, but for me!

Niki said...

We've been excited to see that movie. What a fun outing for the kids. Congratulations on your glucose test! What a relief!