Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Little Fun

I've had some fun decorating cakes lately. Even though I know I'm rusty, I still find that it comes back rather naturally and I still enjoy doing it. (Do not enjoy the standing on my hard kitchen floors, though!)(This was Jensen's Birthday cake. It's actually cupcakes, and he loved his Piston Cup!)(This was for a church activity last week. It was filled with a very yummy raspberry whipped cream.)(This is Dustin's birthday cake.) HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUSTIN!!!!

And just for fun I let the boys have at some leftover cupcakes and icing this afternoon. Maybe we'll have some future culinary artists...or maybe not. :)

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Cute cakes! I have the perfect solution for your hard kitchen floor!!! We have GelPro mats and i love them!! We picked them up at costco for a pretty decent price. Check out the website www.gelpro.com
Have fun celebrating Dustin's Birthday today!

EJ said...

That is such a cool talent to have! One that I definitely do not have. And I bet they taste as good as they look. :)

Maren and Dustin said...

Jenn- I actually have a Gel Pro (that we got at Costco, too!) and I love it. If only I could line my entire kitchen with them, that would be heavenly!

The Liddells said...

Happy Birthday Dustin!

Maren-I so wish I enjoyed baking...I should work on that because it looks like a very delicious hobby/talent to have!

Maren and Dustin said...

Brooke, it's a fattening talent to have!

PerkinsClan said...

Beautiful cakes! I love the RS one and your husband's. :)

Jen said...

Beautiful! You're so talented!!!

starstruck_texan said...

WOW...totally impressed! I'll have to keep you in mind.

rachelbailey said...

Your cakes look amazing. The one you made for Dustin looks like it should just be a decoration cause it looks so pretty.