But about 3 years ago I found a cause that I felt I could contribute to. I donated my first 8 inches of hair to Beautiful Lengths in February of 2007. My second 8 inches was donated in March of 2008. Today was my third 8 inches. That's 24 inches in 2 and a half years! (For a girl who really likes long hair, I must be crazy!)
But I feel very blessed to have a beautiful head of hair, and it seems a small thing to donate. And even though I'm sad to loose my locks, I can be assured it'll all be back before I even know it. For now I'll just get to rock this style!

13 comments:
That's really cool, Maren! And your new "do" looks great.
I LOVE your haircut! It looks so cute! It makes me want to cut my hair short too!
You look so good with short hair (but you look good with long hair too)! I've tried to have long hair and I just can't do it. I just end up pulling it back all the time because it bugs me so much. I can't believe you've done that 3 times. So cool!
I like the new style. It's perfect for summer!
you look beautiful!!!! love it! and wtg on donating your hair! You do have gorgeous hair - so jealous! ;)
So cute! I love it. I'll have to look into that site--8 inches seems a lot easier than 10 inches (that Locks of Love does) esp. with curly hair. Way to go donating it 3 times.
I love short hair and you look great! Can't wait to see it in person! :)
Your hair is so cute short. I'm jealous and amazed at how fast your hair grows. Mine is SOOO slow! Beautiful lengths must love you - your hair is healthy and there's TONS of it!
I love your cut! You look beautiful!
What a worthy cause! I don't think I could ever be patient enough to grow my hair that long, so good for you!
Cute haircut! You really do have great hair. I think it is awesome that you donate it to such a good cause!
love the hair cut! and i totally understand the dramatic change and it being such a big deal. you look great!
What a great thing to do and I like the new hair cut!
Post a Comment