Now don't go thinking I'm some crazy mom who just lets her kids wield cutlry at the drop of a hat. I was at a Pampered Chef party a month or so ago and I bought this kid friendly knife thinking that someday Carson would want to cut something, in which case I would need to provide him with an appropriate tool to do so. I didn't think he would be ready so soon! Carson is a funny kid, though. He does some things way behind other little boys his age (crawling, walking, climbing) and other things (like speaking, toilet training and coloring in the lines) he seems really excellerated at. I guess children are more than you could ever expect- in so many ways!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
My, How Quickly They Grow
Now don't go thinking I'm some crazy mom who just lets her kids wield cutlry at the drop of a hat. I was at a Pampered Chef party a month or so ago and I bought this kid friendly knife thinking that someday Carson would want to cut something, in which case I would need to provide him with an appropriate tool to do so. I didn't think he would be ready so soon! Carson is a funny kid, though. He does some things way behind other little boys his age (crawling, walking, climbing) and other things (like speaking, toilet training and coloring in the lines) he seems really excellerated at. I guess children are more than you could ever expect- in so many ways!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I love that he even holds the knife correctly! I get made fun of a lot because I don't even hold knives or forks how you're supposed to. He is so stinkin' cute!
That knife looks like a pumpkin carver I used to have. Carson's pretty much opposite of Bryce - who walked at 10 months and didn't learn to talk until he was 3! They come here their own little person, don't they!
I think I had a little pumpkin carver just like this too! That was one of the first things that caught my attention about it, but it works great as an all purpose kid knife. (Who knows, maybe we'll carve a pumpkin with it this year!)
Hi Maren!
Wow, it's been a long time! I found your blog on Erin's, hope you don't mind me peeking at your adorable little family! My two boys are almost the same ages as yours, isn't it crazy and fun! Anyway, love the pictures! It's good to see what you are up to these days, but what are you doing in Texas? BTW, you look exactly the same, awesome!
Get that kid working! :) That is the best! He is going to love carving his pumpkin for sure this year!
When he moves from chopping to cooking, send him my way!
Post a Comment