Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Happy Halloween!

We had a successful Halloween at the Brudnicki house this year. Thanks to most of my kids picking costumes that we had used in years past, it was much less stressful than it could have been!
Here they are ready to go to our ward Trunk-Or-Treat.
 Jensen wore Carson's Harry Potter costume from last year. (I think we'll get a lot of use out of this bad boy!)
 Mason wore the Captain America costume that Jensen wore last year. (FYI- Mason is SOOOOO big! He's only a pound and a half lighter than Jensen!)
 Hudson wore the adorable monkey costume that Carson wore when he was 2. I played the part of the Mom in the Yellow Hat. 
 Carson wanted to dress as his favorite golfer, Jordan Spieth. Dustin played the perfect caddy (which also helped to identify Carson for the non-golf fans). We also have to give a shout out to Grandma Jensen who gave us the idea to make a trophy for Carson to carry around. While it was a bit of work for me to figure out, it made his costume!
 This year we also let each boy pick out AND carve his own pumpkin. This meant that I, Mom, helped to clean, design and carve all 5 pumpkins that we ended up with. Fortunately, I kinda dig this stuff, so it was pretty fun.
 The boys were all so proud of their pumpkins. This is my favorite picture of them this year- they're all looking and smiling!!!! Plus, they look cute in their costumes.
 I sat out in our driveway and had all our pumpkins by me for light (and company) while Dustin took all the boys trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. Our neighbors all loved the pumpkin designs. Carson carved the Picachu, Hudson had a cute cat face, I did the owl, Jensen carved the wolf howling to the moon and Mason wanted bats and a moon.
Now that the boys are getting older, I think this is a tradition we can continue to do year after year.

No comments: