Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

We had a fun Independence Day today. Well, most of it was getting our house ready to have some friends and family over, but the evening was at least fun! We're so very grateful for all that we have in this wondrous land. Carson, Jensen and I also had the privilege of walking around the corner to our neighbors house to watch fireworks this year. (Dustin stayed home with the sleeping baby.)Yeah, this was the best I could get out of them. Who can blame them, right? Why turn around and smile for mom when there are fireworks going on behind you!I had my phone with me, so I put on a little MOTAB during the show. Love their version of "Battle Hymn of the Republic." The third verse always gets me.

In the beauty of the lilies, Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in his bosom that transfigures you and me.
As he died to make men holy, let us live to make men free,
While God is marching on.

1 comment:

The Mrs. and The Momma said...

Glad y'all had a good one! So neat that the fireworks were so close to your house!