We are doing our "Wandering Wise Men" again this year. I loved doing it last year (even if it meant one more thing for me to do each night!) and the boys kept asking me if we were going to have our Wise Men come again, so of course, they have reappeared in our home for this month.
I decided to keep it really simple and reuse everything I created (and thankfully saved) from last year. For one, the kids were looking forward to repeating some of the activities, like cutting paper snowflakes and writing letters to our missionary cousins. Secondly, it's been a year, and they don't remember everything the Wise Men did last year!! Nonetheless, I decided to add a handful of new ideas on to my calendar and then I can switch it up from year to year without having to create very many new ideas.
So far, they have loved looking for the Wise Men and enjoyed participating in the activities that they have suggested for our family. Here are just a few that we have done in the last week.
| The boys donated money to the Ronald McDonald House one evening. |
| We had fun playing a game that they got out for us. Mason was particularly tickled with this one! |
| Last year our Wise Men were roasting marshmallows together. This year they decided to go fishing. I've got a whole 12 months to decide how they will spend an evening together for next year! |

No comments:
Post a Comment