So, I got to go up to Girls Camp for a couple of days last week (our stake holds camp during spring break since the summers are too difficult to camp in) and I was assigned to help with a service project. Each year the young women participate in a service project during their time at camp. This year we made blankets and hand puppets to be donated to a hospital. It was a fun service to be involved in. During the project I had the pleasure of teaching many young women some sewing machine basics. Before they were allowed to work on a hand puppet, each young woman had to finish a practice sewing sheet. They practiced sewing straight lines, curved lines, circles and pointed angles. It was wonderful to see them go from knowing next to nothing and then being able to produce a usable product. Here's a picture of everything that was completed.
And since it was spring break the boys spent lots of time playing together. It was so nice to have such beautiful weather. I had to laugh at Mason, who decided he could play on the slide at the same time as eating a snack. Food is everything to this kid.
And can I just say I'm a total "Unblock Me" master. I was feeling rather wasted at the end of last week, and got addicted to the game on my phone. I can justify it's good for my brain, right?

2 comments:
Sewing is definitely a lost art. I didn't know how to do it until I was 8 months pregnant with Ash and now I'm obsessed.
Cute boys!
You are the sewing master! Even states a way, you figured out how to answer my questions about sewing. You are so cool! Rebecca was a life saver...and I think I am understanding things. I'm reading my first pattern and am almost done with a dress. I'm so optimistic about this sewing stuff that I even made a board on pintrest just for sewing--because I will sew things! You are my inspiration!
Post a Comment